Saturday 26 March 2011

The Face's of News

_______________________________
This morning I was sitting, yawning through the newspaper when I realised something: I hate journalists! And not just your random, run-of-the-mill journalists (who gave me HELL during my theatre days) but the journalists who also have to be on TV and think, for some obscure fucking reason, that writing about their own lives is for some reason news-worthy and get a dedicated two-part feature printed about them in the paper they work for (With added advertisement on the front page!!!)









I am incredibly sorry Sue Carroll (Mirror tacky-columnist since 1812) but I have sat through your page-long articles long enough and I shall hold my tongue no longer (read the article HERE):

Now you may be the most lovely and remarkable woman in the world, but - and this may shock you Sue Carroll - I don’t care that you have had cancer. I don’t care you put up a brave fight for eight months to overcome your cancer.
More power to you for doing so! But what exactly makes it news worthy when Jenny Elision from down the road is currently fighting it and has two young children to look after at the same time? Why should I care about you having and getting over cancer when Bob the plumber from the next town over also has it but has no family to lean on and no financial support to cover his loss of earnings?

Why do you deserve to be on the front page of a national newspaper? - Above a rather more interesting headline, may I add! And how much did you get paid for the pleasure of verbally spilling your guts out?

I can put up with Polly Hudson's fringe (even though it makes her look like a psycho-moose!) and questionable liking of Justin Beiber (which, frankly, borders paedophilic "Here is another picture of Justin looking HOT!"....) and her fantasy that she is, somehow, that character Sarah Jessica parker played from Sex and the City.


I can even (just about) put up with the laughable agony-aunt "PLEASE I NEED TO BE FAMOUS GET ME ON EVERYTHING" Coleen Nolan - Come on Coleen, let it go, the 70's is over, grow old gracefully and stop talking about sex, you're too old for it you trout-faced heffer!

But this reporter (I’m not including Coleen in that title because all she does is fucking moan about her sex life) and Coleen are bearable and do not invade the front page of a national newspaper, ABOVE headlines that are, frankly, more fucking important!

I am offended that anybody would think reading THAT article over the one about the troops being killed is, somehow, more newsworthy. Tactless and crass journalism with no thought for the "ordinary" people it claims to stand for!

I hope you feel at least a little bit of shame! Both Sue Carroll and the Daily Mirror!

No comments:

Post a Comment