Thursday 14 April 2011

Working the Words

______________________________

The power of words is unquestionable. Or at least it should be.

Today, I found a few mundane words that, when put together, envoke an emotive response that - has 16 times out of 20 - been extreme enough to request the discussion cease.

I am going to share with you the words and tell you how I placed them in a sentence but I cannot tell you how to do it.
I was merely hostage to a very dark and Bad Memory last night. I was in a group of people who were full of distractions for me to pull away from it but this Bad Memory continued to pull me back in.

The day after, I was subject of a rather Good Memory but that experience was all too fleeting. When you experience the Bad Memories like I do, you try to hold onto the Good Memories
when you get them.

That is how I worked it into a conversation. You are probably reading this and thinking "WTF are you talking about you weird fucking-goose!" - read it again.

If you have refused to do so as, by your reasoning, "it makes no sense!/I understand it already and dont need to!/It is senseless so what is the point!" then I have got you.

If literature is to be believed, then (should you be educated enough to understand their meanings) I should have trapped you in an emotive enviroment and your unwillingness to reread it in order to understand it as I am telling it is due to the fact the highlighted words have envoked an emotional response.

Yes. It is as simple as that. It is the same as telling somebody not to look down; but on a much finer median. This is how a lot of cold readings happen, your reaction to a specific word trees off into a small number of different - but predictable - possibilities. For example:

If I were to walk upto you and say nothing else other than "Bad Memory." your brain would breifly fire up images of a bad memory you have experienced. Depending on your strengh of character, you would be able to shake off this memory and carry on trying to work out the context of the words I have said.

However, if I were to bombard you with these words, I would be able to trap you in a very emotional reaction.
I have tried and tested this. If you are direct like me and have very little in the way of friends, then their feelings become less of an issue to mess around with and more of an intriguing idea to study.

I was caught in a bad memory when I discovered this, but at the time I was able to pull myself out of it by confirming it was a bad memory. When i replayed the words "Bad Memory" in my head, it kick-started the bad memory I was experiencing - this intrigued me.
I decided to experiment: I turned to another person sitting across from me, made eye contact and said "Bad Memory" aloud. His reaction was one of puzzlement, so I said it again and a thid time before he became flustered and asked me "Please, what are you doing? What do you want?"

If a single word can envoke such an emotional reponse, then you have a power over that person. Obviously, it does not work on 100% of people (nothing ever does!) but to catch somebody in it is almost satisfying - if you crave power like I do (If I were a superhero, i'd be evil)

Bad Memory - provides a negative emotive response.
Good Memory - a Positive emotive response.

Bad Memory.
Bad memory.
Bad Memory.
Another - this is important. When you get somebody in the cycle, when you can see that by saying "Bad Memory" to them you are actively making them remember a bad memory, simply say "Another" next, to change the bad memory for another one, and then continue with the cycle:

Bad Memory.
Bad Memory.
Bad Memory.
Another.
Bad Memory.
Bad Memory.
Bad Memory.
Another.
Bad Memory.
Bad Memory.

This is usually the time when the person loses emotional control. Depending on their personality, they're either likely to cry or punch you.

My nose is sore today, but I learnt something new about the human condition! Yay me!

No comments:

Post a Comment