Tuesday 19 April 2011

The Curse of Being (anti-)Social

____________________________________

Being a people reader (I dont just say that for the fun of it, ask anyone who knows me and they'll tell you, I can spookily read a lot out of a first impression) is sometimes more a curse than a blessing.
Sure, it has saved me from some of the most barmy and weirdest relationships (one guy was into his mother - in a sex way) that have approached me, but it is at times when family...

Yeah, you know where this is going! This is why I think Facebook is remarkably evil -  (Thats tomorrows blog-post!) there are just some things family members should not share. Some things they should not know about each other. Some aspect of their lives should just be kept to themselves... being a people reader, however, I tend to look a little deeper into everything.

My sister (the one from previous posts) said something... amazingly awful about me, in front of everybody - but in a funny way, so therefore, it isnt an insult and I shouldnt over-react because she ment it - but in a funny way.

I know right?

Im in a bad place right now. I dont really want to blog about my emo-side too much because it just fuels my saddness rather than quells it. But im in a bad place emotionally and its making me both angry and timid.

If I were my old self, she wouldnt have standed a chance after saying that - I would have been down her throat (verbally) so fast that she would gag with horror on the torrent of truth I would have unleashed.

Truth is, where I am now, I just went into another room and tried to stop myself from crying. I didnt want to give her the satisfaction.
I cant stop reading between the lines about it. Just the way she said it; the way she looked at me when she said it - so pointedly and with a smirk-- this is when being a people reader is a curse. You cant stop reading them. long after they're gone. Long after the damage has been done.

No comments:

Post a Comment