Sunday 28 November 2010

Too MUCH!

_____________________________



I had a very weird dream again, one that I can remember vividly!
In the dream, I was in a post-Apocolypic America and society there had not only changed but was pretty much cut off from the rest of the world.
news of the rest of the world was pretty much yearned for and water was a sporadic pleasure. Anyway, I was living in a kinda.... multi-story/shanti-town and through all the mundane drama that was happening to the people there, I suddenly realised how much I missed my mother.

Then it occured to me 'Why not call her?' but I wasnt sure if the phone line could connect to the UK anymore, so I picked up the nearest phone (it was literally just the receiver) and dialed for the operator. This is exactly how the discussion went:

"Hi there, I was wondering if you can still connect calls to overseas?" (Me)

"Of course sir, I just need the area code and the number you want to connect to" (Operator)

"Sure, 044 (my childhood phone number)"

"Connection has been made sir, shall I patch you through?"

"Please do."

Click~~~Click~~~Click

"Hello?" (My mothers voice, but older and more... drawn)

"Hello mum its me!"

"I dont want to buy any!"

"No mum, its me, your so--"

"I dont want to buy any!" And she hung up.

Things sorta flashed forward from there. I was out at night in the multi-story/shanti town talking to a girl was amazingly black hair and I was attracted to her (Weird because im gay) and then all of a sudden, people wearing those same clothes as the guy pictured above burst through the doors and started screaming at us (with british accents) to get down.

Myself and this girl hid around the corner and observed from a distance until one of the men stepped forward and said:

"You think your American Tech could destroy the world and that we would ever forgive you for it!!"

And I realised 'Oh my god, I led them right to us.' - if it wasnt for my phone call home, the British wouldnt have invaded the America they had assumed was a desolate place.

And that is when I woke up!

So clearly im watching too much Scifi... right? I just think my mind is remarkable for creating such a situation. And also, I can remember word for word everything that was said in that dream.

It was just so real! So vivid! I lived that world for 8 hours and for 8 hours that world was as real to me as the real one.

Awesomely-spooky eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment