Friday 10 June 2011

Zombies are NOT Monsters?

_______________________________

Had my first zombie dream last night. I think its worth documenting.
The details are kinda vauge bcause to begin with but I remember it changing from something very serene into this horrible panic and need to run and hide.

There were 5 of us and we were in my house. The layout of my house is odd (weird stairs, you open your bedroom door and BOOM, steps!) and I told them to quickly follow me and hide with me in my room. They refused and rushed into an empty room.

This was odd to me, because my room had a bed and other materials in it, but the other room them ran into was barren but for a few empty boxes. I had to close the door though because, obviously, the zombies were comming so I did and I threw myself behind it.

I can remember them pushing with horrible force and there was this blind panic that I had to barricade the door closed. I began to think then that if I pulled my heavy stuff towards the door and just put it infront of it - all my heavy stuff - it might be enough.

This is where things get weird and very "dream magical-like" so even though it wont make sense, its because its a dream:

I piled everything I could infront of the door and waited for them to stop trying to push through - when it had been quiet for a while, I put my head to the floor and looked out of the bottom of the door to see if I could see feet - there were none - so I opened the door and shouted to the others if they were alright.
They told me that noise atracts zombies and to shut up so I tried to be quiet as I moved around to see what was happening and where they'd gone. Sure enough, the zombies heard me and came back so I had to run back to my room and close the door and again they tried to push it open, again I had the barricade idea (dream magic!) and after I while I looked again to see if anyone was outside.

A while passed in the dream (really it was an instant but it seemed like a while) when I heard a knock at the door. A nice gentle-rapping sound. I was so confused and I opened the door (dream magic! yay) and to my horror, a Zombie stood there - but it wasnt that fact he was there that scared me, it was the fact he looked a little more human - I remember thinking "Good God! They evole to look like humans!"

He put a hand on my shoulder and told me, in a very calm way, even though his face was angry, "You have to leave now. We dont want monsters here"

!!!

It was my very own "I Am Legend" - I become THEIR monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment