Thursday 3 February 2011

Another Year Past

_________________________

And behold! For I am another year old.
Yes faithful readers, my birthday came and went so it is time to start the yearly tradition of self-examination!

How did my birthday go? Well, suffice to say even though I canvased hard all through christmas to make sure my siblings, parents and nephews/neices' had amazingly thoughtful presents... the return on my seasonal investment was not matched. Out of 5 siblings, two parents and 4 (old enough) nephews and one neice, I received 1 gift and card.
I realise it is the thought that counts, and I showed a lot of it the last festive season, spending money despite the fact I didnt have it just so they could know I was thinking about them and... well, nothing much in return.
Not that im complaining! What I did receive in return is kinda cool - its a red sportscar. Three door, two amazing flashing blue lights and a red fluoresent light under the suspension that flashes everytime you move it. It handles like a dream and even honks when you press the middle mouse button (which is shaped like a real cars logo) - yes, ok, its a mouse. But the thought counts? ... Right?

So one year older... has much changed for me?

Kinda. I got a really cool desk and chair. And I had a huge mental tidy too. I have my offical driving test comming up on the 17th of this month and I am of the mind that when I pass it, things may become a lot easier for me.

I plan on trying for a new job then too - working locally as a community support assistant until I can get the degree required to go into social work - which I do believe is my calling. I reckon I have a lot to offer the messed-up masses.

I know, if you know my or have followed me during the last few years, you will probably be wondering WTF has happened to me, probably even questioning if im the same person. Well yes... and no. Writing and drawing will always be one of my dreams, but until I can work on those, I need to address my life and the way I live it: I need a stable job with a stable wage. I need friends. I need accomplishments.

Im following my new years resolution to a T heh.

Relationship wise. Still painfully single. Doubt it will change until I change for it.

So here is the plan for the next month:

  • Pass driving test.
  • Get motivating Job.

I shall keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment