Friday 13 August 2010

Drama

______________________

Drama hurts.

As a kid and (semi)-emo, moody teen, I loved drama. I practicly thrived on it - the slightest problems in my friends lives suddenly became mine. Small arguments in the family were nearly the breaking point for it and, im ashamed to say, if there wasnt sufficent drama going around at the time, i'd make some of my own up and add to the mix. but hey, who hasnt faked fainting in front of all their friends? ...and then went to hospital and told the doctor you blacked out because of a brain cancer... and then cry when he yells at you because, yeah, everybody hates you now.

Funny thing drama. It made childhood a fantasy of adulthood and made some rather dull programs fun to watch (Sunset beach anybody?) but as ive grown older (he says at 26) ive found my favour with drama to be dwindling. It's actually rather unpleasent.

Captin obvious is gonna merge his ugly head for the sake of my arguement, but drama as a kid is an extension of social fantasy - drama as an adult is an issue you have to address. You cant just switch it off when it is time to rest - drama wont solve itself, you have to deal with it - and it isnt as easy as turning your back on it.

I miss being a kid. If I could go back now knowing what I know, i'd do it. If I didnt know what I knew now then I wouldnt because i'd be a big fuck-up, but... yeah, if I knew what I knew now, i'd go back and just straighten up and fly right.
... and cash in on Harry Potter and Twilight by pretending I wrote it and JK Rowling and Ms Myer stole them from me.

DOESNT TWILIGHT FUCKING MAKE YOU SICK?! It does me. Just either vamp the silly bitch or get Buffy to go stake him.

Drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment